Gourmet Seafood Recipes
Fish provides a delicious alternative in protein from the usual stapes of beef and chicken. With so many types available, there are different steps for different types. But no matter if it's salmon, shrimp or mussels, each is an opportunity for a new favorite meal.
- For a little extra kick, let your fish sit for 6-12 hours in a simple marinade of white wine, lemon juice, salt, brown mustard, and cayenne pepper.
- Fresh fish will have a sweet smell at the grocer. If it has a strong odor, it is past its prime.
- Freeze fresh fish if you are not going to cook it within two days.
- Thaw fish in milk overnight in the refrigerator.
- Fattier fish can be grilled directly. More delicate fish should be grilled in a basket.