Poultry & Egg Recipes
Mastering chicken opens the door to hundreds of tasty dishes. From Southern fried chicken to Chicken Marsala, there’s a fantastic recipe from every part of the globe. Here are some tips to getting the most out of your poultry.
- Because chicken is naturally lean, if it is overcooked, it will dry out.
- To seal in the juices before cooking, thaw chicken breasts and place in a salt water brine for one hour.
- Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Regardless of how you are cooking chicken, leave the skin on. This will help retain juices and increase tenderness.
- Use dark meat for recipes that call for you to add chicken to dishes that require long cooking time.